Today I’ll be talking with Diamond Dallas Page, retired pro-wrestling champion, WWE hall of famer, and author of a brilliant book for changing your life, Positively Unstoppable.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about the art of owning it for powerful life change.
🌟PRIVATE COACHING w/Michael Sandler!
[Book a FREE Strategy Session Today!]
🌟GET YOUR INSPIRE NATION "BACKSTAGE" PASS!
[Private videos, highlights, sneak peaks & prizes - a new winner every month!]
Subscribe NOW to Inspire Nation: http://www.tinyurl.com/youtubeinspire
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST!
—Google Play Music: https://tinyurl.com/InspireGooglePlay
—iHeart Radio: http://www.iheart.com/show/263-inspir...
MORE ON DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE:
Film and television actor and personality Dallas Page has been entertaining millions of fans for over 20 years. The athletic, 52 year-old Page knew at an early age that he was born to entertain. His grandmother called him “energetic”—truly an understatement. Whether it was barreling through his grandma’s kitchen on his tricycle, swinging from chandeliers at the babysitter’s house, or cannonballs at neighborhood pool parties, Page knew how to grab an audience and have them eat out of the palm of his hand.
With his size, strength and natural ability, Page excelled in multiple sports high school and college. After college, Dallas Page followed his calling to entertain, entering the nightclub business and quickly established himself as one of the south’s leading club owners and promoters. But he still had the pro wrestling “itch.” On a whim, Page sent a tape to the AWA (American Wrestling Alliance), one of the country’s premiere professional wrestling organizations. The AWA promoters immediately offered Page a contract to “manage”—escorting and doing all of the ‘over-the-top’ talking—their top stars. With his long, curly hair, conceited manner and ever present “Diamond Dolls,” “Diamond” Dallas Page was a natural at working a crowd into a frenzy and became the man fans loved to hate.
Word of Page’s talent began to spread throughout the wrestling establishment. Unlike most wrestling managers that could only talk a good game, Page had the size and athleticism to go with it. Established superstars such as Dusty Rhodes and Magnum, T.A. convinced Page to expand his role and learn to be a complete wrestler. At age 35, Page entered the fabled WCW “Power Plant” and soon after became the oldest rookie in pro wrestling history
Page’s incredible work ethic, training regimen and preventative maintenance along with unmatched personal focus and determination, enabled him to battle the hands of time and stay healthy enough to wrestle men half his age for years to come. His uncanny ability to create and re-create his character propelled him to national notoriety and made him one of the hottest merchandising commodities in professional wrestling, first for WCW, then, the WWF which now have merged to become the WWE.
During Page’s fourteen year pro wrestling career, he captivated audiences and became a three-time world champion.
* How was it for Diamond Dallas growing up in an usual household?
* What was it like for him with ADD and dyslexia?
* How did he end up getting into pro-wrestling?
* How did his mentor Dusty challenge him, and what does it mean for us?
* How did he end up winning a world-championship?
* What happened with 335 pound Kevin Nash and how did Diamond Dallas end up exploding his back?
* What do we do well other tell us we can’t or we won’t?
* How did he learn to let go of other people’s diagnosis and step back into his power?
* How did his wife get him into yoga and what is dynamic resistance?
* How do we help people who don’t have any fight in them?
* What’s the importance of the question “What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?”
* What does it mean that repetition is the mother of learning?
* What does it mean that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it?
* What’s it mean to get honest with yourself???
* Who is Arthur Boorman (of the viral video “Never, Ever Give Up”?) and how did Diamond Dallas help him?
* How do we step back in our power, no matter what?
* What’s the importance of surrounding yourself with a positive team???