The African Union has committed to setting up the Continental Free Trade Area by 2017. Given that Africa accounts for 3% of global trade, how can leaders develop sustainable long-term partnerships and trade relations?
Dimensions to be addressed:
- Solving export barriers
- Developing trade clusters
- Strengthening regional and global value chains
· Michael Froman, US Trade Representative.
· Siyabonga Gama, Chief Executive Officer, Transnet, South Africa.
· Arancha Gonzalez Laya, Executive Director, International Trade Centre (ITC), Geneva.
· Tarek Sultan Al Essa, Chief Executive Officer and Vice-Chairman of the Board, Agility, Kuwait.
Moderated by Beatrice Marshall, TV Anchor, CCTV Africa, Kenya.